contact us on
We are one of the long established churches in Westerham and a non conformist presence in the town dates back to the Civil War when the owner of a large estate allowed the persecuted believers to worship in one of his farmhouses. This developed, thanks to a local benefactor, into the building of the chapel in 1839 which is now a grade II listed building.
Throughout its history the buildings have been used for the worship of God and various community activities. The church hall is still referred to as 'The Schoolroom' by those who remember it being used to provide extra facilities to the local primary school. It was used in wartime as a feeding station for passing troops, and down the years has provided facilities for children’s and youth activities, and for other organisations meeting the needs of local people both young and old.
The Victorian façade hides a recently renovated interior which lends itself to informal worship and the use of multi-media facilities. A baptistery was installed in 1988, and in recent years the church has added to its Congregational heritage by employing full time pastors who are of the Baptist tradition. This reflects the non-denominational ethos of the church.